Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dating a Friend

There is a girl in my ward who I have liked but never liked enough to go after. In fact, I'm sad to say the one time I did go after her was out of envy, even dis-loyalty (sorry). However, as the months have past by, I've been able to discover her character's hidden gems. And if it's greed that I'm feeling, than so be it. I decided to go for it.

This decision was a tough one for a few reasons. First, she's a good friend. This makes me hold my breath because if it doesn't work out then I may lose a friend or at least part of the friendship. Second, her plans include serving a mission. Yeah, I could stop that from happening if things turn out, but that's if they turn out. Considering these and other details, I had to choose between folding before the hand was dealt and going all in. I chose to give it my best effort, and I hope it works out. Oh, I hope it works out.

1 comment:

Eli said...

More power to you bro, let me know how things turn out.