Monday, March 22, 2010

Oh Ye of Great Faith

I like personal stories, especially from general authorities. I appreciate the examples these stories give and the inspiration they create. I only have a few personal spiritual stories in my head that I share, and I want to share one I had last weekend.

To start, I suppose I should wrap up the story of Julianne. We stopped dating back in December because of strong impressions we felt that this just wasn't right. As heartbroken as we both felt, we followed the promptings. We still keep in contact and whenever Julianne comes to Provo, a hang out is a must.

This last weekend, Julianne came to town for a brother's blessing. So we planned to go out with her sister and her date. The night was both fun and a breath of fresh air.

Before I dropped Julianne off for the night, we started talking about what had happened between us. We talked about the reasons for why we felt to split up and tried to make some sense, but we couldn't think of anything. Finally, Julianne quietly said:

"We got our answer, and that's why we need to follow it."

Our conversation ended on that and we said goodnight. On my way home, I started thinking about what she said. She understood that the Lord knows best and that was reason enough for her. What faith! I was so impressed I nearly changed my Sunday School lesson entirely to talk about faith and following personal revelation. Thanks, Jules, for the inspiring thought.

3 comments:

Mark Tuttle said...

Great story. She's awesome. Glad you guys are still friends. Maybs you'll stay at her house this summer?

thom said...

Good lessons learned. That will teach you to prepare a Sunday School lesson before Sunday morning!

ps. can we get in on the housing situation in SA this summer? ha.

smoore said...

i love yall both. that made me cry. haha you can always count on skidz to be the over-emotional one lol.