Ah, the Fall. Ever since New York, I have loved this time of the year. The colors on the trees mixed with the cooling air creates an awesome ambiance, and I love it.
The other day, my programming professor showed our class a neat function in our programming tools, but there's some background to understanding its awesomeness. Essentially, every program has two elementary functions called "getters" and "setters". These two functions allow you to "get" a variable you are working with (i.e. if you want to use the variable x in an equation) and "set" or reset a variable (i.e. if you want x to equal 2 instead of 1). In class, our professor showed us that the new tools we are using have a button to automatically take every variable in the program and create the code for each getter and setter. When I saw that, I turned to my group and said, "That is cool!" I guess I'm a nerd, but not yet a geek.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment