Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Who Doesn't Like Movies?

So I'm an hour late on this entry, but life's busy. Onward with the story.

After a few tennis matches, I decided we should go on a real date. The kind where dinner and a movie are involved. So the next week we went to Zupas, a deli, where we sat outside and talked about our life stories. She was first to educate me on her life and I learned something in the process: the girl can talk. I eventually took my turn, but cut it short so we could make the movie.

At the dollar theater, I wanted Megan to see a movie she hadn't seen yet. However, to my surprise she had not seen any (I later found out she's not a big movie person...smooth). I was in the mood to see "Kung-fu Panda" that night, which looking back was probably the best choice. The other movies had some crude scenes, and I would have felt uncomfortable with her there. Besides, we had a great time laughing more at the kids watching the movie than the actual movie itself. I thought it better to not try to hold her hand, as I wasn't even sure yet if I liked her. I kept my distance and remembered what Eli told me: "Be the flame, not the moth." Thank you, Casanova.

2 comments:

Eli said...

I think it's Casanova, but we all get the idea.

Good to hear that things are progressing nicely, Byron. I played tennis in Luxor, Egypt the other day. Yea, I know, I'm pretty cool.

I'll give you a call sometime to give you an update on myself. Take care!

Kathleen said...

So where's the picture?