Monday, October 13, 2008

Programming Fiascos

One of my classes is a computer programming class. The class itself is pretty fun. I learn about how to make anything work on a computer, how to create some basic user interfaces, and sometimes even learn how to steal things from websites. However, the coding can be like raising a child: sometimes it will do what you want it to do the first time, and sometimes it won't work until the hundredth time.

Last weekend I made a bank program, and everything worked the hundredth time. My roommate and I (we both have the class together) sat on our couch, put our laptops on our laps, and ran mental circles around our programs. Finally, after working on the code all Friday and Saturday, we got everything to work. The best part came at 12:00 midnight between Saturday and Sunday when I looked to him and said, "We must be the coolest people around!"

2 comments:

Carly said...

Sounds like my work day... every day. :-)

Eli said...

Hey, I can't find your phone number or e-mail address, so would you send me a quick e-mail at eligrantroberts@gmail.com? I'm trying to get a hold of Mountain View Management, but their e-mails aren't working. Thanks!