Yesterday morning I received an email directing me to view my status for my Isys (short for Information Systems) application. It briefly said that I was accepted and was able to begin finalizing my status. Then I started filling out a simple questionnaire (a lot of which was directed towards programming) and quickly printed off an acceptance letter to turn into the main office.
When I got to the main office, I recognized one of the professors who helped me decide whether to do Isys or accounting. After the awkward I-don't-remember-your-name stage, he congratulated me on getting in. I then configured my graduation plan and had it approved. Walking towards to Wilk, I dusted my hands off, bought a jamba juice, and rented spider-man 3 as a way of celebration.
After a long year of studies and tests, I can finally say I've accomplished a great feat. I feel good that I can say I made it. Academically, I've never been the top of my class before; I dragged my feet in high school and made it to BYU on something other than grades. So I guess you can say I've changed. That's what a mission can do to you.
To close, I'll quote the format. I think it's appropriate:
What's left to lose
I've done enough
And if I fail well then I fail but I gave it a shot
These last three years
I know they've been hard
But it's time to get out of the desert and into the sun
Thanks to everyone who pushed me through life, even when I didn't want to go.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment