Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Professor #3: Dr. Liddle

At 6' 1'', with a skinny build, and soft voice, he doesn't make a huge presence. However, I think many of us respect Dr. Liddle's personal goals to help his students. Dr. Liddle already has his full-time status which professors sometimes take as I-don't-have-to-be-impressive-anymore stamp. Dr. Liddle, however, is always looking for our feedback and strives to fill our needs. He'll always stop for questions and always appears to take each one seriously--don't expect the short answer.

One funny thing about Dr. Liddle is his attitude towards quizzes. The class schedule has a quiz listed almost every class day, but how many quizzes have we taken? About half that many. And how many times has he just given us all 100% on the quiz regardless? About half again. So everyday, after we say a prayer, we'll hear Dr. Liddle happily announce, "Ok. Let's take a quiz!" I'll rip a piece of paper in half for my neighbor to use--not like it matters--and we start taking the "quiz". At the end of the 5 simplistic questions, Dr. Liddle will announce the answers with a 30 second explanation of why it's so. At the end of each explanation, he might say "Now if you got it right, give yourself two points. If you got it wrong, understand why and give yourself two points, also." I love Dr. Liddle's quizzes.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

That's the kind of professor Paige needs. Who wouldn't like him?