Here are some statistics on me:
Before my mission, I:
- didn't like snowboarding
- didn't enjoy the beach
- avoided musical instruments
- only played video games with my free time
- read only for school
Yesterday I:
- was excited to go snowboarding today
- talked about enjoying the ocean water
- learned "Blackbird" on the guitar
- read a book with the super nintendo unhooked and stuffed in the corner
I don't feel like the old me at all. So what happened? I concluded that I simply avoided work-for-joy scenarios as a kid. My LDS mission, however, broke me of that ideology and tossed me around until I appreciated those things. I learned the joys of work and the pleasures that are taken advantage of when we don't have to work. The contrast is brilliant when juxtaposed with what I thought I had in the past.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When I was young I hated naps. Now I love them! I still can't believe you didn't like the beach!
Post a Comment